Join the team behind the 3D Design Studio at Virginia Tech as they explain everything you might want to know about 3D Printing. This expert panel has experience building and maintaining 3D printers, creating a lab, managing workers, designing a web-based system to control the workflow of printers, and teaching workshops on 3D printing, both from a technical and pedagogical standpoint.
The team includes an instructional designer, facilities manager, web application developer, and community outreach specialist, granting them a wide range of perspectives on 3D printing. They’ll discuss their experiences with the lab and answer any questions about this exciting technology.
What you’ll learn:
- Learn different parts of a printer and how they function
- Learn different materials and their pros and cons
- How to use 3D printing in the classroom
- How to build and manage a makerspace
- Advice on purchasing machines for home or lab use
- What is required to get started with 3D printing
- How to create a workflow and manage multiple printers
- Good hiring practices for a lab