The modern web has moved beyond simple pixel dimensions and print vs. screen resolution. Choosing what your image should depict is only half the task — with responsive design and today’s high-density displays, formerly peripheral details like file type, size, and aspect ratio can make the difference between a website that looks stunning or just sad. If you find yourself still struggling to explain to coworkers why cell phone selfies won’t do, this talk is for you.
What you’ll learn:
- The difference between image formats, including PNG, JPG, and SVG
- The best image format choice for several different situations
- How images are managed on high-density displays
- How to prepare images for performance in a responsive environment
- New image-handling capabilities of browsers and content management systems