You already know the value of usability testing. But how do you convince everyone else?
This mini-workshop will explain what has worked for facilitators Julie Grundy, Information Architect and UX Designer, Duke University, and Melissa Eggleston, Consultant.
We will help attendees gain confidence in their ability to bring usability testing into their organization—despite little resources and time.
Our goal is to arm each attendee with a practical guerrilla testing approach and a feeling that they can beat down the bureaucracies of higher ed.
Participants will learn how to sell and conduct a usability test with minimal resources. They will also create a script in the workshop, customized to their institution.
What you’ll do:
- Discuss strategies to get buy in for usability testing
- Create a usability testing plan
- Write a personalized test script
- Conduct or assist with an actual usability test
- Analyze test findings for insights
- Learn effective ways to report your insights to others