When approached with clear intentions, web analytics can be a game-changing part of any online presence. It can inform massive redesigns, drive additional engagement, and spur continued site improvements.
Despite its potential, the full power of analytics is often neutered by a misappropriation of priorities and resources, leading to a stream of sterile, uninspiring reports and dashboards. Learn to recognize these challenges, identify them within your own organization, and confront them head on.
We’ll explore the distinction between ‘interesting’ and ‘actionable’ data, the downsides of monthly reports, and the importance of the 10/90 rule. Finally, we’ll identify a single word that will immediately push your analytics strategy in the right direction: “Why?”.
What you’ll learn:
- How to think about web analytics and its role in decision making
- How to allocate your analytics budget
- How to make analytics reports compelling and actionable
- Why audience segmentation is indispensable
- Who in your organization should care about analytics